The Tutukaka Coast in Northland, New Zealand, has many glorious beaches and plenty of local activities to keep you as busy as you want to be.
Activities include bird watching, star gazing, coastal and bush walks, scuba diving, snorkeling, line and game fishing, tennis and golf.
Your hosts, Lance and Delwyn, can help you organize an itinerary for your visit.
Place to visit include:
- Whangaumu Bay (Wellington’s Bay), which is two minutes’ drive or 10 minutes’ walk from Ramoana Homestay. This long sandy beach is suitable for swimming, kayaking, picnicking and long walks on the sand.
- Poor Knights Islands diving and snorkeling trips depart daily from Tutukaka Marina (10 minutes’ drive).
- There are many bush and coastal walkways around the Tutukaka Coast for all levels of fitness.
- You can snorkel off the rocks at the bottom of Ramoana Homestay’s private path to the sea.
- Some of the Tutukaka Coast’s most popular beaches include Matapouri, Whale Bay, Sandy Bay (also a popular surfing spot), Woolley’s Bay and Ngunguru.